Shopping in Vegas and Uncle Scott

We took a trip to Vegas to see Uncle Scott in Las Vegas this morning. We woke up early and met him at blueberry Hill to have a little breakfast.


Then we went SHOPPING! It was soooo hot at 117 degrees, it was completely unbearable. I still don't understand why they have outdoor shopping centers in Las Vegas with the weather being in the summertime well over 110 and the winters are always really windy, there's only a few months a year when you an actually stand to be outside shopping. So we decided to go to an indoor shopping mall the Fashion Show Mall, it brought back lots of good memories for John and I. I use to work at this mall and we often went on dates and then would walk around the Fashion Show mall. It's changed quite a bit since then just like everything in Vegas, it's gotten bigger, more glitzy and more expensive. But it's always fun to go back and visit again, it's especially fun to people watch there. It never fails that you'll see someone who looks like they just walked out of the "what not to wear magazine". Only in Vegas would you see someone wearing hot pink tights with a dress that barely covered her booty with spiky sequined heels and hair and makeup to match. I'm not sure who told her that it was okay to go out in public looking like that.

The kids had done so well and we thought they deserved a little ice cream, especially since we all aren't use to the heat. I think they thought they had died and gone to heaven.

From the Fashion Show mall we went to the Las Vegas Outlet Mall just off Sahara. This was a definite score! They had stores like Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Fossil, Calvin Klein, and Diesel. Jaidyn was so excited because she found some "skater girl" shoes, and has not stopped wearing them since she got them.

We spent the entire day in Vegas, visiting family and shopping and returned back to Logandale at about midnight. But what a fun day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LITTLE JBIRD TAKES CENTER STAGE!!

Help I need a makeover!!