Crazy Week

It's been awhile since I last posted, so I thought I should do a little update.

It's been a crazy week, although I don't think there is ever a normal or uneventful week in the MacDonald household.

Last Saturday we went to John's mom and her new husband (Jim's) wedding reception. They were married last month in North Carolina. Jim's a really nice guy and is actually normal, unlike many of the others that Sharon had dated previously. They met on Harmony.com, apparently you really can find your perfect match online. Their reception was pretty large, there were a lot of people there from California, Jim owned a gun shop there for many years and has many friend from the Bay area. There was a live band and they had bbQ'd a whole pig for dinner. So Jim and Sharon are a happy newlywed couple, they live in the mountains and seem to really love and care for each other. We are so happy that Sharon finally found someone.

Luis and Luhanie (our Foster kids) still have not had a visit with their mom and dad. It's been almost 4 weeks now. She just stopped showing up for the visits. Last week she called our social worker and told her that they wanted a visit on Monday, then Monday came and they didn't show up. So the Social worker has made it a stipulation that they have to show up an hour before the scheduled visit in order to even have visit, on Wednesday I received a message from Social Services saying that mom and dad were there so there was going to be a visit at 10 am. I called the social worker back at 9:30 to tell her that we would be there and she went to the front desk to let them know, but no mom and dad! They left! I couldn't believe it, they took the time and effort to actually make it to Social services and then apparently went up to the front desk receptionist and said "we don't want to wait any longer, so we're going to leave, we'll have a visit on Friday". little do they know that there are no visits on Fridays any longer. It's so sad to me how unimportant her kids have become, granted drugs change people and taint their views, but I can't even begin to imagine not seeing Jaidyn for almost 4 weeks and then the one time I was able to see her, say "oh well, I'll see her in two more days, I just can't wait any longer".

I have been so busy with my calling as Relief Society President this week as well. We had a brother in our ward who's father was on his way to Reno to move here and be closer to him, when on the way down he had a heart attack and died. What a sad story. His wife is such a sweet little lady and I can't imagine how scary and traumatic it must have been for her as she was in the car with him when all of this occurred. So I've been asked to help with the funeral arrangements and the luncheon. It hasn't been too bad, but I am just not good at calculating food amounts for a crowd. I've relied heavily on one of the sisters in our ward who is a caterer to help me with size, amount, portions. Everything is now all planned out, we have a musical number performed by the Bishop's wife and her sister and the program is all prepared. Whew! I've only assisted with one other funeral and the last one I did was pretty much all taken care of by the family, I just had to do the luncheon, so I got off pretty easy on that one. So between Funeral arrangements, a baby born, sicknesses and my own families needs, it's been a pretty busy week.

Comments

Familia Fowler said…
It is so great that those sweet babies are with you, getting the lovin' that they deserve! I know it is hard though. We love you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LITTLE JBIRD TAKES CENTER STAGE!!

Help I need a makeover!!